Big Four Rank High Up on Corporate Responsibility Index
THE BIG FOUR have been recognised for its work on sustainable business achieving platinum standard in the Business in the Community Corporate Responsibility Index.
PwC and KPMG led the way receiving the highest ranking of Platinum Plus, closely followed by Ernst & Young and Deloitte which received Platinum status.
Lisa Cameron, UK and Ireland managing partner for corporate responsibility E&Y, said: "To have received such a high level of external recognition for our commitment to responsible and sustainable business is a real achievement.
"We've continued to make progress in a number of areas, such as our environment management and in key metrics around diversity and inclusiveness. Our commitment to making the difference in our communities continues to be acknowledged. Last year we launched new programmes to support start up businesses and social enterprises which will provide support to up to 300 social entrepreneurs during 2012."
Just fewer than half of the companies that participated in the index are FTSE listed.
- PwC Replaces Deloitte as Auditor of Flybe
- Kingfisher Board Approves the Re-appointment of Deloitte as its External Auditor
- EY Replaces KPMG as Auditor of Beazley
- IAASB Consults on Proposed Changes to ISA 315
- FRC to Open Investigation against Deloitte over SIG Audit
- SIG Decides to Drop Deloitte as Group Auditor
- PwC Replaced as Auditors by the KPMG of a 109-year Old Client