ICAEW Fines High Street Firms for Audit Failings
THE ICAEW has clamped down on two firms found guilty of poor audit practices, ordering them to pay fines totally more than £11,000.
R T Marke & Co Ltd was slapped with a £3,000 fine and costs of almost £2,400 after it wrongly signed off on unaudited financial statements for companies too big to meet the exemption threshold, the North Devon Journal reports.
Sully & Co faces a similar levy after preparing accounts that fell short of the financial reporting standard for smaller entities (FRSEE).
The institute commented: "Both [firms] have breached audit regulations. We have proof and have taken action against them. They should have made some kind of comment to explain something, possibly a discrepancy, that occurred within the audit report and they didn't."
- Redrow Appoints KPMG as its New Statutory Auditor
- Air Partner Replaces Deloitte with PwC as its New External Auditors
- European Auditors Publish their Work Plan for 2019
- ACCA Signs MOU with the Chamber of Auditors of Republic of Kazakhstan
- BDO is Set to Replace PwC as JKX Oil & Gas New External Auditor
- PwC Replaces Deloitte as Auditor of Flybe
- Kingfisher Board Approves the Re-appointment of Deloitte as its External Auditor