The 2015 ACCA Simpson Scholarship Winners Announced
The Simpson scholarship award was scooped by 5 winners from Armenia to Vietnam. This award will see these winners complete their studies and attain the ACCA Qualification successfully. The five winners were from a group of seventy seven finalists. Their examination fee, annual affiliate or student fee and admission fee for memberships will be paid by the scholarship fund for a total period of 5 years or until they attain the membership of ACCA whichever comes soon.
These winners are at liberty of obtaining study materials from Kaplan Publishing, Becker Professional Education or BPP Learning Media.
The 2015 Simpson Scholarship winners include:
- Miss Ruhani Bhardwaj – India
- Mr Khatiwada Bhesh Raj - Nepal
- Mr Shakhzod Erkinov - Uzbekistan
- Mr Phuc Ho – Vietnam
- Mr Artsrun Nshanyan - Armenia
The learning interim director of ACCA, Ros Leah, had this to say. ‘The world of accounting and finance keeps on changing; this does not only affect the accountant’s role but also the business corporate culture.’ It is important that the winners of this scholarship gain an understanding of the core values in ACCA, integrity and diversity. As an ACCA student, they must show that this must be put in practice.
To be awarded this scholarship, these students have shown dedication and hard work in their studies. Hence, the scholarship will enhance their attainment of the ACCA qualification. The support will enable them become financial professionals that are complete with a successful career in the accountancy profession.
In order to be awarded this scholarship, applicants were expected to have passed in the exams which they had sat for prior and also submit an essay of 1000 words discussing how the scholarship would help them in attaining their full potential.
The year 2008 is when the Simpson Scholarship started running. The scholarship emerged in 1997 when the ACCA Fellow Muriel Simpson in her will bequeathed a scholarship aimed at appreciating the exemplary performance of students of high caliber.
Winners of the 2014 Simpson Scholarship were from India, Ghana, Kenya, Russia and Pakistan. The Simpson Scholarship has assisted 40 ACCA students from more than twenty five countries since the year 2008.
- ICAEW Unveils Business and Finance Professional (BFP) Designation
- CIPFA gets Approval from the Government to provide Apprenticeship Training in the Country
- Recent ACCA Report on the Increasing scope of Shared Services
- Book Accelerator Program released by Bill.com
- ACCA Proudly Supports the 2016 International Women’s Day
- ACCA and KPMG Study establishes that business Chiefs Still follow their Hearts and not Heads
- Exploration of Future Challenges that the Accounting Profession faces conducted by IMA and ACCA