Summary of the April 2012 Trustees’ Meeting
The IASB has posted to its website a summary of meeting of the Trustees of the IFRS Foundation that took place in London on 13 April 2012.
The Trustees of the IFRS Foundation, the body responsible for the governance and oversight of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), discussed the following topics:
o Trustees’ Strategy Review and the efforts to co-ordinate the report of the Trustees’ Strategy Review with that of the Monitoring Board
o Regional outreach activities and meetings with key UK and European stakeholders to discuss IFRSs, their application and other matters of significance
o Report of the Nominating Committee concerning the appointments of the Trustees Ronald Arculli, C. B. Bhave and James Quigley and the appointment of Chungwoo Suh as a member of the IASB
o Update on the opening of the Asia-Oceania office in Tokyo, which is scheduled for October 2012
o Trustee meetings for 2013
o Report of the Chairman of the IASB concerning the major convergence projects and the agenda consultation
o Report of the Due Process Oversight Committee regarding the development of the Due Process Handbook, the review of the effectiveness of the IFRS Interpretations Committee and the post implementation reviews
o Report of the Education & Content Services Committee
Please click for the full summary on the IASB's website. The next meeting of the Trustees of the IFRS Foundation is scheduled for 12 July 2012.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting