A Driving Wind for IFRS from Asia-Oceania
The Asian-Oceanian Standard-Setters Group (AOSSG) has published today "A Vision Paper of the Asian-Oceanian Standard-Setters Group 2011 – A Driving Wind for IFRS from Asia-Oceania". The paper describes activities of the AOSSG to date and future activities for the medium- and long-term.
The AOSSG was founded in April 2009 as a platform for the standard setters of the region to discuss problems and share experiences in the convergence process, to participate in the development of IFRSs, and to make contributions to a single set of high quality global accounting standards. The AOSSG works towards being recognized as a flag-bearer of global standard setting and sees communication with the IASB and other bodies of the IFRS Foundation to enable the IASB to prioritize its strategic initiatives with better understanding of issues in the region as one of its roles.
Please click for:
- AOSSG Vision Paper A Driving Wind for IFRS from Asia-Oceania (PDF 914k, link to AOSSG website)
- AOSSG Press Release (PDF 223k, link to AOSSG website)
- Our IAS Plus page covering the activities of the AOSSG
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting