IASB Publishes Proposals for Amendments Under its Annual Improvements Project
The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) today published for public comment an exposure draft of proposed amendments to five International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) under its annual improvements project. The project provides a streamlined process for dealing efficiently with a collection of narrow scope amendments to IFRSs.
The proposed amendments reflect issues discussed by the IASB in the project cycle that began in 2009. These amendments meet the enhanced criteria for the annual improvements process that were approved by the IFRS Foundation Trustees in February 2011 as part of a revision to the Due Process Handbook for the IASB. The revised criteria were developed to help determine whether a matter relating to the clarification or correction of IFRSs should be addressed using the annual improvements process.
The proposed effective date for the amendments is for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2013, although entities are permitted to adopt them earlier.
The exposure draft can be accessed via the project website or on the ‘Comment on a proposal’ page on www.ifrs.org. The IASB requests comments on the exposure draft by 21 October 2011.
For more information about the criteria used to determine whether a topic should be added as part of the annual improvements projects, visit http://www.ifrs.org/How+we+develop+standards/CriteriaAI.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature
- AAT Has Been Approved as an Apprentice Assessment Organization