Standard Setters from China, Japan and Korea Meet
Standard setters from China, Japan and the Republic of Korea met in Xiamen, China on 26 October 2011. Representatives were present from the China Accounting Standard Committee (CASC), Accounting Standards Board of Japan (ASBJ), Korea Accounting Standards Board (KASB), International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), along with other delegates from the three countries and Hong Kong and Macau.
The delegates agreed to maintain communication between the countries (on projects, convergence and issues), to coordinate perspectives on the IASB's projects, and to enhance regional communication and cooperation in Asia-Oceania. Full support was expressed for the IASB's Asia-Oceanian regional liaison office to be established in Tokyo in October 2012.
The next meeting will be held in Korea in 2012. Click for press release (link to ASBJ website).
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting