Global Banks React to Developing Accounting Reform
Deloitte has issued its Second Global IFRS Banking Survey – Q1 2012 A changing landscape. The survey highlights the views of 56 major banking groups on accounting change. The survey focuses on the implementation challenges of IFRS 9, including both the impairment proposals and classification and measurement, as well as the challenges of implementation of the new standards, IFRS 10, 12 and 13. The survey also summarises the views of banks on the wider implications of accounting change to regulatory capital, loan pricing, and canvasses views on convergence and the timetable for adoption of IFRS 9.
Deloitte will continue its series of surveys to capture the views of the banking industry over the coming months and years as the proposals become finalised and the implementation challenges develop.
- Xero to Acquire HubDoc in Deal Worth $70m
- FRC Imposes Fine of £18m on Audit Firms during the Previous Year
- More than One Million Married and Civil Partnered couples Failed in taking Advantage of the Marriage Allowance
- SEC Fines the Swiss Investment Bank $30m Over Bribery Charges
- Simplified Contract to Aid SMEs Wanting to Apply for Government Work
- Commission Opens an Inquiry against Charity over Poor Financial Controls
- EU Introduces New Laws Regarding Money Laundering Sanctions