ACCA Announced Second Annual Alternative Finance Conference
Alternative finance is the recent buzz word in world economy and most of the counties can’t overlook the importance of alternative finance and its impact on the country's economy as well as in the small business sector. There are a number of businesses accessing their finance using non-traditional means and the numbers are growing each day across the globe. So, it is very important that, the growing number of requirements and involved professionals must follow the regulations that ensure the quality as well as the stability of the market. During the second annual conference, during the conference organizations discussing about new regulatory regime under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) organized by ACCA (The Association of chartered Certified Accountants).
Apart from the new regulations, in this conference, the experts discuss about peer-to-peer lending and crowd funding. Additionally, among them, the obstacles for intangible heavy SME, supply chain finance and exploring the potential for financial providers – also discussed in this conference.
The speakers at the event are –
• Martin Brassell, CEO and co-founder, Inngot
• Enrico Camerinelli, senior analyst, Aite Group
• Richard Davies, CEO Oaknorth
• Ian Dowson, principal, William Garrity Associates Ltd
• Toby Furnivall, head of credit analysis, Money&Co
• Chris Lake, chief lending officer, Money&Co
• Jason Pope and Susan Cooper, technical specialists, FCA
• Peter Wilson, managing director of investment programmes, British
According to Steve Edwards FCCA: apart from the improvement of the business conditions, banks hesitate to lend the small businesses that can be understandable to some extent. They try to hold more capital than previously and lend the small businesses as a risky investment. However, still the businesses need more finance and if the banks are not ready to help them, then definitely other source of money will take over the market gap.
He finally adds: it is really a big challenge to the regulators to keep a balance between traditional and alternative lending and make a perfect balance in the market. This conference has an excellent line of experts who lighten up the different lending aspects, regulations and regulatory bodies.
- Global Ethics Code Playing Catch Up with Latest Technology Developments
- Regulator Launches an Inquiry into Operations of a Birmingham Based Charity
- Leading UK Furniture Business Collapses into Administration
- How Technology is Shaping the Future of Financial Services for the Better
- ICAEW Signs MoU with ICAI
- Companies House Updates the Penalty Appeal Proceess for Late Filing
- In The Next Recession, You Can Make Money Rather Than Lose It