Salaries of Financial Analysts and Accountants Expected to Rise
2014 edition of annual salary guide of Robert Half, a staffing company, projected an increase of 3.4% in the salaries of the accountants in the next year. According to the salary guide, a 3.7% increase in salaries is expected in all other sectors. However, some other jobs are anticipated to gain raise earn even more than this. For example, the financial analysts are expected to gain a raise in salary of 4.3% and senior accountants are expected to gain a 4% raise in their salaries.
Paul McDonald, a senior executive director at Robert Half, said in an interview "Employers want employees in the accounting field to be really strong technically in whatever the finance and accounting focus is, plus technology skills. To differentiate yourself if you’re looking for a position, make sure your technology skills are really strong—Excel, some ERP system, Access. Maybe your experience with a cloud computing installation is going to set you apart.”
Furthermore, Paul McDonald was of the view that soft skills and nontechnical skills are also in high demand. Soft skills, such as being able to articulate your opinions in a concise and meaningful way, are of great importance for the financial analysts and accountants. Similarly technology skills also raise the value of accountants and financial analysts and raise them in the eyes of the current or future employers.
Apart from the accountants and financial analysts, the demand for the compliance officers, financial managers and auditors is also high. For these professions, it is important to stay current. These professionals are required to have strong technology skills. If you belong to one of these professions and you don't have good technology skills, you should find a way to get them. If your current employer is not willing to pay for it, you are encouraged to invest in yourself. The investment is worthwhile and you will get return on your investment.
- Former Oil Company Executives Convicted of Fraud and Money Laundering
- Majority of Young Finance Professionals Feel Threatened by Emerging Technologies
- FCA Planning to Launch a Financial Services Directory
- Cash Collection Company Coin Co bosses Banned from Being Directors After they Were Found to be at Fault of Holding onto £5.8m Owed to Company’s Clients
- Businesswomen Sent Behind the Bars for Claiming VAT Refunds Through Forged Invoices
- Businessman Disqualified for Eight Years for Avoiding Paying Debts to Creditors
- KPMG Launches an Initiative to help Black Employees