ASWA Honors Finance VP with President's Award
The American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA) awarded Karen J. Gunther of Boston, Mass., the 2011 ASWA President’s Award in recognition of her dedication, vision and impact during the society’s Excellence in Accounting and Finance Awards Luncheon Oct. 25.
Gunther is vice president of finance at juice and slush beverage company Tropical Paradise, as well as a past national president of ASWA. She continues to be active in the Boston chapter.
“As a wonderful ASWA advocate and leader, Karen has had a huge impact on this organization, both at the local chapter level and serving in a national leadership role,” said Vivian Moller, ASWA 2010-11 national president, in a statement. “She expects and gets the best of people, nurturing and giving people confidence that they can do better than they think they can.”
“Karen is a key asset to the chapter and an enthusiastic mentor to every new member who joins the chapter,” said Jane Burke, president of the ASWA Boston chapter. “She is forever teaching, guiding, sharing new ideas, patiently explaining the Roberts rules over and over, encouraging member involvement and for me and most importantly, she is compassionate and truly cares about those around her.”
The award was bestowed at the awards luncheon during the 2011 Annual Conference for Women in Accounting in Charlotte, N.C.
- Former Oil Company Executives Convicted of Fraud and Money Laundering
- Majority of Young Finance Professionals Feel Threatened by Emerging Technologies
- FCA Planning to Launch a Financial Services Directory
- Cash Collection Company Coin Co bosses Banned from Being Directors After they Were Found to be at Fault of Holding onto £5.8m Owed to Company’s Clients
- Businesswomen Sent Behind the Bars for Claiming VAT Refunds Through Forged Invoices
- Businessman Disqualified for Eight Years for Avoiding Paying Debts to Creditors
- KPMG Launches an Initiative to help Black Employees