IASB Calls for Comment on IFRS 10 Amendment
The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) today published for public comment proposed amendments to IFRS 10, Consolidated Financial Statements.
The objective of the proposed amendments is to clarify the transition guidance in IFRS 10 by confirming when an entity needs to apply IFRS 10 retrospectively. The proposals should allay the concerns of some who thought that the transition provisions were more burdensome than originally intended.
It is proposed that the effective date of the proposed amendments would be aligned with the effective date of IFRS 10.
The exposure draft Transition Guidance (Proposed amendments to IFRS 10) is open for comment until 21 March 2012 and can be accessed via the Comment on a Proposal section of the IFRS website HERE
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting