Welcome Message from the New Chairman of the IFRS Foundation Trustees
The IASB has posted to its website an introduction message from the new chairman of the IFRS Foundation Trustees, Michel Prada. He speaks about his previous work and his dedication to the development of global financial reporting standards. He warns about "uncertainty and ambiguity" in markets and says that the financial crisis should not impede efforts toward global accounting standards. He is committed to "managing the delicate balance between independence, legitimacy and public accountability" in his role as chairman. Please click Mr Prada'sintroduction message on the IASB's website.
Michel Prada became the new chairman of the IFRS Foundation Trustees effective on 1 January 2012. Please see our earlier story for more information about his appointment.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature
- AAT Has Been Approved as an Apprentice Assessment Organization