Voluntary Application of IFRSs in Colombia
On 30 December 2011, the President of the Republic of Colombia decreed that large and medium-sized entities can voluntarily apply IFRSs. The impacts from the change to IFRSs will be analysed by the various authorities solely for the purpose of measuring whether IFRSs are effective or appropriate for the local entities in Colombia and to determine the regulatory measures to be taken, so that at the end of the exercise the obligations set are reasonable and consistent with the economic reality of the country. Entities that decide to invoke the voluntary testing of IFRS, must meet certain conditions, including full implementation of IFRSs.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature
- AAT Has Been Approved as an Apprentice Assessment Organization