IFRS Foundation appoints David Loweth as inaugural 'Director for Trustee Activities'
The Trustees of the IFRS Foundation have announced the appointment of David Loweth as Director for Trustee Activities. Mr Loweth currently serves as Technical Director of the United Kingdom (UK) Accounting Standards Board (ASB). Before joining the UK ASB in 2004, Mr Loweth held various senior roles in the UK Treasury.
The Trustees have created the role of Director for Trustee Activities in response to the preliminary conclusions of their IFRS Foundation Strategy Review. The review called for higher levels of engagement and transparency between the IASB and the Trustees, particularly in the area of due process oversight. The review also recommends clearer separation of the roles and responsibilities of the Foundation and of the IASB. Mr Loweth will support the work of the Trustees as they fulfil these enhanced responsibilities.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting