IASB Issues Amendment to IFRS 1 Regarding Government Loans
The IASB has issued Government Loans (Amendments to IFRS 1). This amendment addresses how a first-time adopter would account for a government loan with a below-market rate of interest when transitioning to IFRSs. It also adds an exception to the retrospective application of IFRS, which provides the same relief to first-time adopters granted to existing preparers of IFRS financial statements when the requirement was incorporated into IAS 20 in 2008. Entities are required to apply these amendments for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2013. Earlier application is permitted.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting