FRRP Publishes Revised Operating Procedures
The Financial Reporting Review Panel (FRRP) has published revised operating procedures which incorporate changes on sharing information with the Audit Inspection Unit (AIU) and on the circumstances in which the panel may make an announcement about a company’s report and accounts under review.
Following public consultation and approval by the Department for Business (BIS), the key changes, as proposed are to:
- enable the FRRP to share voluntary information received with the AIU
- reserve the right of the FRRP to make an announcement where, following its intervention, a company makes a significant change, whether clarifying or correcting, its financial or corporate reporting
- enable the FRRP to release its own press announcement if the fact of an enquiry has become public other than as a result of a FRRP press notice.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature
- AAT Has Been Approved as an Apprentice Assessment Organization