Discussions at the Joint IASB-ASBJ Meeting
Representatives of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and the Accounting Standards Board of Japan (ASBJ) held their fifteenth biannual meeting in Tokyo on 2 April 2012.
IASB and ASBJ discussed the following topics:
o IFRS - US GAAP convergence,
o the ongoing review of the IFRS Interpretations Committee, being conducted by the Trustees, and
o opportunities for closer co-operation between the IASB and national accounting standard-setters, including the future relationship between the IASB and the ASBJ.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature