Sir Callum McCarthy Appointed as a Trustee of the IFRS Foundation
The Trustees of the IFRS Foundation, responsible for the governance and oversight of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), today announced the appointment of Sir Callum McCarthy to serve as a Trustee.
Sir Callum currently serves as a non-executive director of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, IntercontinentalExchange and the UK HM Treasury. Between 2003 and 2008 he served as Chairman of the Financial Services Authority (FSA), the UK financial services regulator.
The appointment, approved by the IFRS Foundation Monitoring Board, begins immediately and will expire on 31 December 2014. The term is renewable once.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting