IASB Publishes Proposals for Amendments
The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) has published for public comment an exposure draft of proposed amendments to 11 International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) under its annual improvements project.
The project provides a streamlined process for dealing efficiently with a collection of narrow scope amendments to IFRSs.
The proposed amendments reflect issues discussed by the IASB in the project cycle that began in 2010. These amendments meet the criteria for the annual improvements process that were approved by the IFRS Foundation Trustees in February 2011 as part of a revision to the Due Process Handbook for the IASB.
The proposed effective date for the amendments is for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2014, while the amendment to IFRS 3 Business Combinations and the proposed consequential amendment to IFRS 9 Financial Instruments are for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2015. Early adoption is permitted for all the proposed amendments.
The exposure draft can be accessed via the project website or on the ‘Comment on a proposal’ page on the IFRS website. The IASB request comments on the exposure draft by 5 September 2012.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature