ESMA Chairman Speaks at IFRSF Conference
Steven Maijoor, chairman of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), was a keynote speaker at the IFRS Foundation conference currently being held in Zurich. He spoke about financial stability, investor protection, a level playing field in financial supervision, the supervision of credit rating agencies and a single rulebook for financial markets and showed the links between these topics and financial reporting.
Following are a few short extracts from his speech, however, we recommend reading the speech in its entirety. It can be found on the ESMA's website
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting