Financial Instruments Working Group to Meet 5 August
The IASB Financial Instruments Working Group (FIWG) will meet at the IASB's offices in London on 5 August 2011 from 13:00am to 16:00pm London time. The meeting will be open to public observation and will be webcast. An agenda for the meeting has not yet been announced.
The IASB formed the FIWG in September 2004 to examine and question the fundamentals of IAS 39 within the context of the IASB's Framework, with the goal of "improving, simplifying, and ultimately replacing IAS 39" but it has not met since the beginning of December 2009 which is shortly after IFRS 9 was first published. That means the members of the FIWG only met to discuss phase I of the IASB's project for replacing IAS 39 (classification and measurement of financial assets), however, there has been no working group meeting so far during the phases II to IV.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature
- AAT Has Been Approved as an Apprentice Assessment Organization