Hans Hoogervorst Speaks in China on IASB Priorities
In a recent speech in China, the IASB chairman, Hans Hoogervorst, laid out what he sees as the IASB's priorities for the future. Mr. Hoogervorst provided details on the following four priorities:
- Completing the convergence programme with the US
- Consulting on the post-convergence agenda
- Delivering global standards
- Strengthening institutional relationships
He noted that two factors largely determined his priority list: (1) the importance of maintaining public trust and (2) high quality, international financial reporting standards are important for economic progress. He stated, "As an organisation that serves the public interest and promotes economic progress, our main output, financial reporting standards, must be of the highest quality."
Additionally, Mr. Hoogervorst commented on the significant role the Chinese leadership has in international financial reporting.
Please click for Hans Hoogervorst speech (link to IASB website).
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting