Wayne Upton to Chair IFRS Interpretations
The Trustees of the IFRS Foundation, the oversight body of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), today announced that Wayne Upton will take over as Chair of the IFRS Interpretations Committee from Robert Garnett. The appointment is effective immediately and Mr. Upton will chair his first meeting in September.
Wayne Upton is the IASB's director of international activities. Since international implementation of IFRSs and interpretation are often seen as two sides of the same coin, the Trustees feel that the appointment of Wayne Upton will help the cause of consistent application of IFRSs around the world.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature