AAT Has Been Approved as an Apprentice Assessment Organization
The AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) has been certified as an AAO (Apprentice Assessment Organization) for the accounting trailblazer apprenticeships.
According to AAT, the trailblazer apprenticeships is an initiative that has been taken by the government to provide the employers from different fields of businesses, with an opportunity to come forward and be involved in the creation and development of apprenticeship standards with respect to their respective industry sectors.
The AAT as an apprentice assessment organization will be involved in delivering the EPAs (End Point Assessments) with reference to apprenticeships. These assessments will help the apprentices in demonstrating their knowledge and competence. The first End Point Assessments will take place in the September of this year. Apprentices will also be provided with opportunities to gain various accounting qualifications and also to enhance their technical knowledge and skills.
According to Mark Farrar (the chief executive of AAT), the way in which the new enhancements and improvements in technology is impacting the role and work of accountants, such as predictive software and cloud computing, the skillsets the accountants require to succeed are changing.
The Trailblazer apprenticeships basically help the employers in providing access to the evolving talent, from which the employers can drive a lot of benefits by developing them and also by providing them with opportunities to grow in their respective roles.
KPMG is currently using the AAT qualifications as part of their on-programme learning with reference to trailblazers.
The 360⁰ Apprenticeship programme of the KPMG provides the apprentices with an opportunity to obtain a really diverse range of experience. The apprentices who are part of the 360⁰ programme of KPMG also get a lot of knowledge from the AAT Accounting qualifications as part of the 360⁰ programme, which in turn will help the apprentices in tackling the issues and challenges the modern accounting industry possesses.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature
- AAT Has Been Approved as an Apprentice Assessment Organization
- Financial Analysis & Planning