IFRS Taxonomy Updated for Fair Value Measurement and Disclosure of Interests in other Entities
The IFRS Foundation today published the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Taxonomy 2011 interim release for IFRS 12 Disclosure of Interests in Other Entities and IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement, which were issued by the IASB in May 2011.
The IFRS Taxonomy 2011 is a translation of IFRSs as issued at 1 January 2011 into XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language). IFRS Taxonomy interim releases contain additional taxonomy concepts that reflect new IFRSs and improvements to IFRSs published by the IASB, thereby allowing entities wishing to report electronically using the latest IFRSs to do so without the need for these entities to create their own taxonomy concepts. From an XBRL technology perspective, these additional items are consistent with the XBRL architecture of the 2011 taxonomy as outlined in The IFRS Taxonomy 2011 Guide and The Global Filing Manual.
All IFRS Taxonomy 2011 interim releases will be incorporated and consolidated in the IFRS Taxonomy 2012. The public draft of the 2012 taxonomy is due to be published in Q1 2012.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting