US Adopts CIPFA Financial Management Toolkit
CIPFA'S financial management toolkit is to cross the Atlantic through a partnership with the North American Government Finance Officers Association.
GFOA's 17,500 state, provincial and local government finance officers in the US and Canada will be able to access the specially adapted Financial Management Model developed by CIPFA.
The best practice guide and diagnostic toolkit allows public bodies to self-assess financial management, potentially identifying weaknesses and boosting efficiency.
Anne Kinney, research and consulting director at GFOA, said: "The FM Model's track record of success in the UK makes it attractive as the basis for a model in the US. Working with CIPFA, we hope that the model will help to increase productivity and create savings in the delivery of public services."
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature