EFRAG Draft Comment Letter on the SMEIG Q&As
The European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG) has issued its draft comment letter on the SME Implementation Group's five questions and answer documents (Q&A) on draft guidance related to the implementation of the International Financial Reporting Standard for Small and Medium-sized Entities (IFRS for SMEs) published last week.
EFRAG recommends not issuing any of the Q&As since EFRAG is concerned that the SMEIG is not focusing on a limited number of pervasive issues when issuing Q&As, as specified in its terms of reference and operating procedures, but is creating rules in a principle-oriented environment.
The draft comment letter notes that four of the Q&As consider issues on which the requirements of the IFRS for SMEs seem clear, and the answer to the question raised in the last draft Q&A always seems to depend on the SME's specific circumstances and management's professional judgement.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature