FASB Adds Agenda Project to Consider Deferring Certain Aspects of Accounting Standards
Leslie Seidman, Chairman of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), has announced the addition of a FASB agenda project to consider deferring certain aspects of Accounting Standards Update No. 2011-05, Comprehensive Income (Topic 220): Presentation of Comprehensive Income.
In June 2011, the FASB issued the Update, which, among other things, requires separate presentation on the face of the financial statements of items reclassified from other comprehensive income to net income.
Recently, stakeholders have raised concerns to the Board about whether they have an adequate amount of time to implement that aspect of the Update and about the level of detail that might result from separately presenting those items reclassified from other comprehensive income to net income.
At a future meeting, the Board will discuss whether to delay the effective date of certain provisions in the Update related to the presentation of reclassification adjustments until the Board has had time to evaluate these concerns.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature