Minutes from the Third Meeting of the Experts Group on Non-Financial Disclosure by Companies
The European Commission's Expert Group on disclosure of non-financial information by EU companies held its third meeting on 30 September 2011. Minutes from that meeting are now available on the EC's website (PDF 33k).
The discussions of the expert group focused on the nature, content and scope of potential legislation. They were based on a non-paper circulated to the members of the expert group ahead of the meeting and included as Annex 2 to the minutes.
No next meeting is scheduled for the time being, but the Commission may call for another meeting in the future depending on the developments this initiative may make. A legislative proposal on the disclosure of non-financial information by companies is planned for the first half of 2012.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature
- AAT Has Been Approved as an Apprentice Assessment Organization