EFRAG and OIC issue Discussion Paper on Business Combinations Under Common Control
The European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG) and the Organismo Italiano di Contabilità (OIC) have published Discussion Paper Accounting for Business Combinations under Common Control.
The discussion paper aims to start a debate on business combinations under common control (BCUCC) and how it should be reflected in financial statements. Currently, there are multiple methods used in applying BCUCC, the discussion paper takes the first step to analyse the issues from having multiple methods. The discussion paper also notes that "there is no 'ideal' accounting approach" but goes into three different ways of looking at the problem. Comments are due by 30 April 2012.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature