Israel and US Regulators Enter into a Cooperative Agreement
The Israel Securities Authority (ISA) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board of the United States (PCAOB) have entered into a cooperative agreement. The cooperative agreement for the exchange of confidential information will enchance the supervisory oversight of auditors and accounting firms performing in both jurisdictions. PCAOB Chairman James R. Doty commented that, "With the significant presence of Israeli companies on U.S. exchanges, this agreement with the Israel Securities Authority will better protect U.S. investors. It is an important achievement in expanding our cooperative agreements into the Middle East, and I hope that other regulators elsewhere will soon follow."
· PCAOB press release (link to PCAOB website)
· Full text of the Statement of Protocol (PDF 143k, link to PCAOB website)
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB consults Regarding Accounting Changes Concerning Interest Rate Benchmarks
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting