Discussions at the Joint IASB-ASBJ Meeting
Representatives of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and the Accounting Standards Board of Japan (ASBJ) held their fourteenth biannual meeting in London on 31 October and 1 November 2011.
IASB and ASBJ discussed the following topics:
- IFRS - US GAAP convergence,
- convergence of Japanese GAAP and IFRSs,
- interpretation and practical issues relating to the voluntary application of IFRSs in Japan,
- the IASB Agenda Consultation 2011, and
- major projects on the IASB's agenda including Financial instruments: impairment, Revenue recognition, Leases, and the exemption from consolidation for investment entities.
The IASB has posted to its website a press release with a summary of the discussions.
Start free ReadyRatios
reporting tool now!
Last Accounting News
- IASB Confirms One-year Delay for IFRS 17
- IFRS Foundation Publishes IFRS Taxonomy 2018
- IASB Urged to Improve Standards-setting Processes
- FSB Encourages Insurers to Act on the New Insurance Standard
- IFRS Foundation Trustees and the IASB Meets with the Japanese Stakeholders in the Wake of More Japanese companies Adopting IFRS Standards
- IASB Replaces IFRS 4 with the Issuance of a New Standard on Insurance Accounting
- IASB has Proposed Minor Amendments to IFRS 9 Relating to the Measurement of Financial assets with Prepayment Feature