IAASB Publishes Guidance on Providing Assurance on Pro forma Information
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) has released a new International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) dealing with pro forma information included in prospectuses.
ISAE 3420 Assurance Engagements to Report on the Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information Included in a Prospectus provides guidance on the nature and extent of a practitioner’s work when engaged to report on the compilation of pro forma financial information. Among other matters, it establishes minimum benchmarks for suitable criteria for the compilation of such information.
The new standard is effective for assurance reports dated on or after 31 March 2013. Click for IAASB press release (link to IFAC website).
- FRC to Open Investigation against Deloitte over SIG Audit
- SIG Decides to Drop Deloitte as Group Auditor
- PwC Replaced as Auditors by the KPMG of a 109-year Old Client
- Big Four firms Face Potential £10m Fines for Shoddy Audit Work
- ACCA Releases New Report Analysing the Impact of Recent Changes Made to Auditor Reporting Standards
- CIPFA Recognition Revoked as an Audit Qualifying Body
- EY Found Guilty of Misconduct in the Audit of Tech Data