IAASB Publishes Guidance on Providing Assurance on Pro forma Information
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) has released a new International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) dealing with pro forma information included in prospectuses.
ISAE 3420 Assurance Engagements to Report on the Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information Included in a Prospectus provides guidance on the nature and extent of a practitioner’s work when engaged to report on the compilation of pro forma financial information. Among other matters, it establishes minimum benchmarks for suitable criteria for the compilation of such information.
The new standard is effective for assurance reports dated on or after 31 March 2013. Click for IAASB press release (link to IFAC website).
- AIM-listed Mining Company GoldStone Switches Auditor
- New Study Reveals 55% of Public Believe Auditors’ could Prevent Company failures’
- FRC Hands KPMG a £5m Fine over Co-Operative Bank’s Audit Failings
- IAASB Consults on Simplifying Auditing Standards for Small Entities with Less Complexities
- Anglo American Replaces Deloitte with PwC as its External Auditor
- SEC uncovers $20m Accounting Fraud at Celadon Group
- Deloitte Resigned as Ferrexpo Auditor over Concerns Regarding Misappropriation of Charity Funds