IAASB Publishes Guidance on Providing Assurance on Pro forma Information
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) has released a new International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) dealing with pro forma information included in prospectuses.
ISAE 3420 Assurance Engagements to Report on the Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information Included in a Prospectus provides guidance on the nature and extent of a practitioner’s work when engaged to report on the compilation of pro forma financial information. Among other matters, it establishes minimum benchmarks for suitable criteria for the compilation of such information.
The new standard is effective for assurance reports dated on or after 31 March 2013. Click for IAASB press release (link to IFAC website).
- Grant Thornton Wins Mothercare Audit
- EY Set to Replace Deloitte as Tullow Oil’s New External Auditor
- PwC pays £253m to Settle Claims of Professional Negligence
- Deloitte Wins CRH Audit
- EY is expected to Replace KPMG as New Auditor of Aston Martin
- Vodafone Replaces PwC with EY as its New External Auditor
- EY Replaces Deloitte as Capital Group’s New External Auditor