People in the News
Deloitte has appointed Nicki Demby as a partner to its global employer services practice. Demby joins the executive compensation team fr om Towers Watson and has over 25 years' experience in advising companies in the UK and internationally on remuneration strategy, pay benchmarking, short and long term incentive design, the effective communication of reward and consultation with institutional investors.
ICAS council member Jock Lennox has been appointed as a non-executive director to the board of retail and services group Dixons Retail. Lennox, who spent over 30 years with Ernst & Young, will take over as chairman of the Dixons audit committee following the retirement ofAndrew Lynch.
Fairbairn Private Bank has expanded its London team with the appointment of Mark Lambert in the new role of senior business developer. Lambert joins from UBS wh ere he was a business development director within their wealth management business and has over 20 years’ experience in the financial service industry.
Cooper Parry has appointed Julian Rosser as a senior VAT manager. He replaces Steve Taylor who retired from the firm after 20 years of service. Ross has over 25 years of experience with HMRC and a top four accountancy firm covering all areas of VAT.
Alistair Johnston, a former UK and global vice chairman of KPMG has joined Prudential as non-executive director and will succeed Kathleen O'Donovan on the audit committee when she retires next year.
- BDO Replaces KPMG as the Logistics Firm External Auditor
- KPMG has Replaced PwC as the New Auditor to the Broadcaster ITV
- AJ BELL Replaces KPMG with BDO as its New External Auditor
- AIM-listed Mining Company GoldStone Switches Auditor
- New Study Reveals 55% of Public Believe Auditors’ could Prevent Company failures’
- FRC Hands KPMG a £5m Fine over Co-Operative Bank’s Audit Failings
- IAASB Consults on Simplifying Auditing Standards for Small Entities with Less Complexities