KPMG Wins Islamic Finance Award
KPMG has been named as best assurance and advisory firm at the Euromoney Islamic finance awards 2012.
Now in its tenth year, this is the fifth consecutive occasion that the firm has received the accolade.
In making its decision, Euromoney explained KPMG had actively supported the development of the Islamic finance industry across the globe and particularly in new markets, citing its involvement in providing assurance and advisory services to over 65 Islamic financial businesses.
The firm, in 2011 established a Centre of Excellence in Islamic finance in the UAE and Samer Hijazi, director in KPMG’s financial services practice, said: ‘Our team is committed to the growth and development of the Islamic finance industry and we look forward to continuing to work in this exciting area.’
- AJ BELL Replaces KPMG with BDO as its New External Auditor
- AIM-listed Mining Company GoldStone Switches Auditor
- New Study Reveals 55% of Public Believe Auditors’ could Prevent Company failures’
- FRC Hands KPMG a £5m Fine over Co-Operative Bank’s Audit Failings
- IAASB Consults on Simplifying Auditing Standards for Small Entities with Less Complexities
- Anglo American Replaces Deloitte with PwC as its External Auditor
- SEC uncovers $20m Accounting Fraud at Celadon Group