KPMG Appoints Simon Collins New UK Chairman
KPMG THE UK's third biggest accountancy firm, has appointed Simon Collins as its next UK chairman and senior partner.Collins (pictured) who is currently global head of KPMG's transactions and restructuring group, will start his new job on 1 October after the retirement of John Griffith-Jones.
Griffith-Jones said Collins had a "clear mandate" fr om the partnership. "At a time of regulatory uncertainty for our profession, I am certain that Simon will provide the strong and clear leadership needed in order to move the firm forward into the future," Griffith-Jones added.
Collins' appointment for the top UK job may surprise some. Oliver Tant, UK head of audit at KPMG and Alan Buckle, global head of advisory at KPMG International, were seen as likely candidates to replace Griffith-Jones who has been UK chairman for six years.
Collins founded KPMG's debt advisory practice in 1998 after joining the firm from NatWest wh ere he was global head of debt structuring. Before that he worked in the financing business of investment bank SG Warburg.
Collins is a member of KPMG Europe's executive and board, KPMG's global advisory executive and the KPMG India oversight board. He is also a member of the UK Government's industrial development advisory board.
- BDO Replaces KPMG as the Logistics Firm External Auditor
- KPMG has Replaced PwC as the New Auditor to the Broadcaster ITV
- AJ BELL Replaces KPMG with BDO as its New External Auditor
- AIM-listed Mining Company GoldStone Switches Auditor
- New Study Reveals 55% of Public Believe Auditors’ could Prevent Company failures’
- FRC Hands KPMG a £5m Fine over Co-Operative Bank’s Audit Failings
- IAASB Consults on Simplifying Auditing Standards for Small Entities with Less Complexities