New Auditor for Cancer Support Bradford and Airedale
The UK based charity, Cancer Support Bradford and Airedale has been in existence for a quarter of a century helping people who have been diagnosed with cancer and their family members. The center helps people with emotional support, counseling and will help give advice on financial matters and transportation. The support groups and classes help people in need realize that they are not alone in the struggle against cancer and that others are going through exactly what they are.
The Cancer Support Bradford and Airedale center has announced a change in auditors. Watson Buckle of Bradford will handle the audit and advisory needs of the charity to ensure that the donations being given are used effectively. Approval from auditors for a charity gives confidence to donors that the funds they are providing are going to help people and not necessarily to administration costs or wasted on senseless promotions asking for more donations.
The Director of the Center, Linda Howard made the decision to engage Watson Buckle to help give the Center the boost in confidence for donors so that the 3,500 people they help every year might grow in numbers. The managing partner at Watson Buckle, Susan Sedgwick is delighted to be able to help local charities and organizations with their accounting and auditing needs.
This news comes on the heels of two other announcements that Watson Buckle has hired a new audit manager. Gillian Corcoran was promoted from her position as an audit senior to audit manager. She has been with the firm for five years when the partners decided to expand their auditing services. Corcoran’s position is a new one within the firm as she will co-ordinate this expansion of services. Her old position of audit senior was taken over by Sarah Middleton who is from the Thomas Coombs and Son firm in Skipton. Middleton is AAT-qualified and expects to complete her ACCA training later this year.
- AIM-listed Mining Company GoldStone Switches Auditor
- New Study Reveals 55% of Public Believe Auditors’ could Prevent Company failures’
- FRC Hands KPMG a £5m Fine over Co-Operative Bank’s Audit Failings
- IAASB Consults on Simplifying Auditing Standards for Small Entities with Less Complexities
- Anglo American Replaces Deloitte with PwC as its External Auditor
- SEC uncovers $20m Accounting Fraud at Celadon Group
- Deloitte Resigned as Ferrexpo Auditor over Concerns Regarding Misappropriation of Charity Funds