KPMG Introduces Data Analysis Tool
The Forensic Technology Services of Big Four Firm KPMG has launched an enhanced data analysis tool accompanied by a new white paper that outlines the cash management and cost benefits of using electronic discovery software, to improve data analysis and document defensibility for corporate legal departments and law firms.
The paper, Software-assisted Document Review: An ROI Your GC Can Appreciate, provides case studies on improving document review and management processes, and the effective use of e-discovery applications.
Both the upgraded application and the white paper were released at the International Legal Technology Association’s annual conference in Nashville, Tenn.
“Leveraged properly, effective e-discovery software can reduce inconsistencies in the early stages of document reviews,” said Richard H. Girgenti, the forensic service leader for KPMG.
Girgenti explained that corporate legal departments and law firms focus on cost controls of discovery processes, due to the multiple levels of review to narrow the documentation for any litigation.
Meanwhile, the firm's FTS arm launched Discovery Radar 4.1 (DR4.1), an upgrade to its existing offering that enhances IT logic for case management and provides users with decision points to determine how best to manage and filter e-discovery documentation.
DR 4.1 provides, among other features: integrated filters to help users narrow the criteria for documents selection; advanced keyword analysis capabilities, such as stemming and Thesaurus functionality; proximity analysis and multiple-color highlighting; and a dashboard to help users monitor a “chain of custody.”
- KPMG has Replaced PwC as the New Auditor to the Broadcaster ITV
- AJ BELL Replaces KPMG with BDO as its New External Auditor
- AIM-listed Mining Company GoldStone Switches Auditor
- New Study Reveals 55% of Public Believe Auditors’ could Prevent Company failures’
- FRC Hands KPMG a £5m Fine over Co-Operative Bank’s Audit Failings
- IAASB Consults on Simplifying Auditing Standards for Small Entities with Less Complexities
- Anglo American Replaces Deloitte with PwC as its External Auditor