BDO Partner Named Working Mother of the Year
Barbara Taylor, a partner and general counsel at BDO USA LLP, has been named a 2011 Working Mother of the Year by Working Mother magazine. The award recognizes her leadership in promoting diversity and work-life balance at BDO, including leading two of the firm's most important strategies for personal and professional development, the BDO Women's Initiative and BDO Flex, since their introduction in 2005.
"All of us at BDO USA want to congratulate Barbara on receiving this well-deserved honor," said BDO CEO Jack Weisbaum. "This award and BDO's previous recognition as a Working Mother Best Company reflect well on Barbara and on the entire firm, as they recognize companies and individuals that are championing work/life balance and diversity. Everyone at BDO that has been involved in the Flex strategy and other diversity initiatives should take pride in Barbara's achievements."
As general counsel, Taylor is responsible for supervising all firm legal matters, including professional liability litigation, governmental and regulatory investigations, risk management issues, employment matters, and contract issues. She holds a JD from Georgetown University and a BS in Accounting from the University of Delaware.
- AJ BELL Replaces KPMG with BDO as its New External Auditor
- AIM-listed Mining Company GoldStone Switches Auditor
- New Study Reveals 55% of Public Believe Auditors’ could Prevent Company failures’
- FRC Hands KPMG a £5m Fine over Co-Operative Bank’s Audit Failings
- IAASB Consults on Simplifying Auditing Standards for Small Entities with Less Complexities
- Anglo American Replaces Deloitte with PwC as its External Auditor
- SEC uncovers $20m Accounting Fraud at Celadon Group