Consultation on Changes to Auditor Ethics
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is consulting on two proposals to amend the Ethical Standards for Auditors.
The Auditing Practices Board (APB) has published details of the amendments, one of which involves extending, until 31 December 2014, the transitional arrangement for tax services provided on a contingency fee basis, where contracts were entered into prior to 31 December 2010.
This amendment is designed to address situations where the majority of the work has been undertaken but the outcome is dependent on a decision that may not be made for some years. The proposal will avoid breaching the principle that changes should not be retrospective but bring such arrangements to an end at a future date.
The second amendment relates to amending Appendix 1 in ES 1 to provide a simplified illustrative template for communicating information on audit and non-audit services in order to reflect amended regulations on auditor remuneration disclosures.
The consultation period ends on 7 December 2011 and details of the proposals are available on the APB’s website.
- Redrow Appoints KPMG as its New Statutory Auditor
- Air Partner Replaces Deloitte with PwC as its New External Auditors
- European Auditors Publish their Work Plan for 2019
- ACCA Signs MOU with the Chamber of Auditors of Republic of Kazakhstan
- BDO is Set to Replace PwC as JKX Oil & Gas New External Auditor
- PwC Replaces Deloitte as Auditor of Flybe
- Kingfisher Board Approves the Re-appointment of Deloitte as its External Auditor