Budget 2012: SDLT Increases for £2m Properties
Taking a tough stance on property tax and related non-payment issues, the chancellor announced a number of measures to increase property taxes for the wealthiest purchasers and remove some of the tax loopholes used by wealthy residential property owners.
‘Fr om midnight tonight, we will introduce a new Stamp Duty Land Tax rate of 7% on properties worth more than £2m,’ he said. ‘I also intend to deal with the unlimited use of income tax reliefs. It can’t be right that some people take unlim ited use of these reliefs every year. I will introduce a new cap on those reliefs.
‘From next year anyone seeking to claim more than £50,000 of these reliefs in any one year will have a cap set at 25% of their income. We’ve capped benefits. Now it is right to cap tax reliefs too.
- SEC Urges Companies to Focus on Employing Better Accounting and Audit controls against Cyber Threats
- Companies not in Support of the Idea of Workers on Boards
- BDO Reports 8.5% Increase in Revenue
- Company Bosses Jailed for Tax Fraud
- Treasury Launches Investigation into Barriers Restricting Women in Business
- The Chief of Denmark Based Bank Quits Over £178bn Money Laundering
- Boss of a Recruitment Agency Sentenced to Serve Jail Period of 27 Months