German and US Regulators Enter into a Cooperative Agreement
The German Auditor Oversight Commission (AOC) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board of the United States (PCAOB) have entered a cooperative agreement.
The Statement of Protocol (SoP) agreement allows the exchange of confidential information of firms performing in both jurisdictions. This agreement should enhances the supervisory oversight, inspections and investigations of those firms. The SoP is effective immediately.
The two regulators have also signed a data protection agreement. This agreement will ensure that national data protection requirements are performed during any transfer of information.
- Paul May Resigns as CEO of Café Chain Patisserie Valerie
- South Korean Financial Regulator Accused Samsung BioLogics of Accounting Violations
- ACCA Publishes Report on Emotional Intelligence Important for Accountants to Survive in the Modern Workplace
- SEC Urges Companies to Focus on Employing Better Accounting and Audit controls against Cyber Threats
- Uncertainty Surrounding Brexit Results in Drop of Confidence in the UK Economy
- Companies not in Support of the Idea of Workers on Boards
- BDO Reports 8.5% Increase in Revenue