German and US Regulators Enter into a Cooperative Agreement
The German Auditor Oversight Commission (AOC) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board of the United States (PCAOB) have entered a cooperative agreement.
The Statement of Protocol (SoP) agreement allows the exchange of confidential information of firms performing in both jurisdictions. This agreement should enhances the supervisory oversight, inspections and investigations of those firms. The SoP is effective immediately.
The two regulators have also signed a data protection agreement. This agreement will ensure that national data protection requirements are performed during any transfer of information.
- Treasury Launches Investigation into Barriers Restricting Women in Business
- The Chief of Denmark Based Bank Quits Over £178bn Money Laundering
- Boss of a Recruitment Agency Sentenced to Serve Jail Period of 27 Months
- Former Trump Lobbyist Found Guilty of Tax Evasion and Bank Fraud
- Xero to Acquire HubDoc in Deal Worth $70m
- FRC Imposes Fine of £18m on Audit Firms during the Previous Year
- More than One Million Married and Civil Partnered couples Failed in taking Advantage of the Marriage Allowance