KPMG Computer Says ‘no’ to Pay Day
A “systems error” means all KPMG’s 11,000 UK staff will not get paid today (Friday 27 April).
The Top Four’s employees will now have to wait until Monday to get their hands on their April salary cheques.
A KPMG spokesperson said: ‘We have apologised to everyone and we are doing everything we can to ensure everyone gets paid on Monday.’
Staff were alerted to the error by mass email in the morning.
Employees typically get paid on the 29th of each month, unless the date falls on a weekend, in which case they are paid the preceding Friday.
KPMG said that the payroll was run on a mixture of in-house and outsourced services, but could not 'point any fingers' at the cause of the failure.
- Excessive Costs Leads to Insolvency of Restaurants to Increase by 20% in 2018
- Tax fraud Leds Recycling consultant to jail for a period of 21 months
- Companies Failing to Comply with the PSC Register Requirements can be Prosecuted for a Criminal Offence by the Companies House
- Significant Number of Companies Failed in Complying With PSC Requirements
- Baldwins Group Completes the Acquisition of Ayrshire Based Accounting Firm Sinclair Scott
- Panasonic Hit with Penalty of $143m over Fraud and Bribery Scam
- CICs to Report Remuneration of Director