KPMG Computer Says ‘no’ to Pay Day
A “systems error” means all KPMG’s 11,000 UK staff will not get paid today (Friday 27 April).
The Top Four’s employees will now have to wait until Monday to get their hands on their April salary cheques.
A KPMG spokesperson said: ‘We have apologised to everyone and we are doing everything we can to ensure everyone gets paid on Monday.’
Staff were alerted to the error by mass email in the morning.
Employees typically get paid on the 29th of each month, unless the date falls on a weekend, in which case they are paid the preceding Friday.
KPMG said that the payroll was run on a mixture of in-house and outsourced services, but could not 'point any fingers' at the cause of the failure.
- Leading UK Furniture Business Collapses into Administration
- ICAEW Signs MoU with ICAI
- Companies House Updates the Penalty Appeal Proceess for Late Filing
- Internet Security: How to Prevent Attacks on the Network
- Big Four Firms Dominate the List of Cyber Security Recruiters
- Accountancy bodies Working Together Against Businesses Involved in Money Laundering
- Xero Reports Revenue Growth of 36% in the FY 2019