KPMG Computer Says ‘no’ to Pay Day
A “systems error” means all KPMG’s 11,000 UK staff will not get paid today (Friday 27 April).
The Top Four’s employees will now have to wait until Monday to get their hands on their April salary cheques.
A KPMG spokesperson said: ‘We have apologised to everyone and we are doing everything we can to ensure everyone gets paid on Monday.’
Staff were alerted to the error by mass email in the morning.
Employees typically get paid on the 29th of each month, unless the date falls on a weekend, in which case they are paid the preceding Friday.
KPMG said that the payroll was run on a mixture of in-house and outsourced services, but could not 'point any fingers' at the cause of the failure.
- Paul May Resigns as CEO of Café Chain Patisserie Valerie
- South Korean Financial Regulator Accused Samsung BioLogics of Accounting Violations
- ACCA Publishes Report on Emotional Intelligence Important for Accountants to Survive in the Modern Workplace
- SEC Urges Companies to Focus on Employing Better Accounting and Audit controls against Cyber Threats
- Uncertainty Surrounding Brexit Results in Drop of Confidence in the UK Economy
- Companies not in Support of the Idea of Workers on Boards
- BDO Reports 8.5% Increase in Revenue