KPMG Computer Says ‘no’ to Pay Day
A “systems error” means all KPMG’s 11,000 UK staff will not get paid today (Friday 27 April).
The Top Four’s employees will now have to wait until Monday to get their hands on their April salary cheques.
A KPMG spokesperson said: ‘We have apologised to everyone and we are doing everything we can to ensure everyone gets paid on Monday.’
Staff were alerted to the error by mass email in the morning.
Employees typically get paid on the 29th of each month, unless the date falls on a weekend, in which case they are paid the preceding Friday.
KPMG said that the payroll was run on a mixture of in-house and outsourced services, but could not 'point any fingers' at the cause of the failure.
- Companies not in Support of the Idea of Workers on Boards
- BDO Reports 8.5% Increase in Revenue
- Company Bosses Jailed for Tax Fraud
- Treasury Launches Investigation into Barriers Restricting Women in Business
- The Chief of Denmark Based Bank Quits Over £178bn Money Laundering
- Boss of a Recruitment Agency Sentenced to Serve Jail Period of 27 Months
- Former Trump Lobbyist Found Guilty of Tax Evasion and Bank Fraud