New New-Zealand Standard Setting Arrangements Now in Place
The new XRB Board held its first meeting on 1 July 2011 to consider some governance matters and to approve a number of standards for issue. The XRB has also started producing a new communiqué. The first issue is available here (link to XBR website); it contains a summary of all decisions arrived at during the first XBR board meeting.
Furthermore, a new XRB website has been developed and is now live at www.xrb.govt.nz. The website has specific pages where accounting standards, and auditing and assurance standards, are available. The XRB will not be publishing hard copies of standards.
- KPMG administrators appointed at VEL
- KPMG appointed administrators construction and car dealership businesses
- EY secures tenth spot in UK’s best employers list
- EFRAG Publishes Review of work on Financial Reporting
- Plans Revised for Register of Foreign Ownership of UK Properties
- UK’s ‘first ever’ Prosecution of a Director for providing False Company Information
- HMRC requires Money-launderer to pay back £1m or stay behind the bars for seven more years