Accountants Rated as Most Valued Advisers
One in five small business owners list accountants as the most valuable source of advice when it comes to running their business, according to research from professional advice website unbiased.co.uk.
A survey of the 54% of small business owners who have sought professional advice on their accounting and book keeping needs via the website identified saving money in the long term is the key benefit of using an accountant, cited by half (48%) the respondents, along with getting help to make sense of the complex UK tax system (47%). Self assessment forms and business forecasting are identified as the most difficult processes in running a business.
The survey also found that over a quarter (28%) of those polled believe using an accountant has meant they have more time to focus on important business decisions, while 10% report their accountant has helped them to free up time to spend with their family.
- Big Four Firms Dominate the List of Cyber Security Recruiters
- Accountancy bodies Working Together Against Businesses Involved in Money Laundering
- Xero Reports Revenue Growth of 36% in the FY 2019
- FASB Provides Financial Institutions with Fair Value Option to Ease through the CECL Transition
- Kraft Heinz Reveals $181m in Accounting ‘Misstatements’
- KPMG Hit with a £6m over Audit of Lloyds Syndicate
- Property Dealer Banned over £5.6m Accounting Failure