Minutes from the Kick-off Meeting of the Experts Group on Non-Financial Disclosure by Companies
The European Commisssion's Expert Group on disclosure of non-financial information by EU companies held its first meeting on 11 July 2011. Minutes from that meeting are now available on the EC's website (PDF 40k).
In November 2010, the Services of the Internal Market and Services Directorate General of the European Commission started a public consultation in order to gather stakeholders' views on ways to improve the disclosure by enterprises of non-financial information (e.g. social and environmental).
The discussions of the expert group focused on four topics: "Norms, Principles and Guidelines", "Costs-benefits for companies", "Business Accountability" and "The Capital Market". The Experts are now invited to submit written comments on the issues discussed. The next meetings are expected to take place on 12 September and on 30 September 2011.
- Treasury Launches Investigation into Barriers Restricting Women in Business
- The Chief of Denmark Based Bank Quits Over £178bn Money Laundering
- Boss of a Recruitment Agency Sentenced to Serve Jail Period of 27 Months
- Former Trump Lobbyist Found Guilty of Tax Evasion and Bank Fraud
- Xero to Acquire HubDoc in Deal Worth $70m
- FRC Imposes Fine of £18m on Audit Firms during the Previous Year
- More than One Million Married and Civil Partnered couples Failed in taking Advantage of the Marriage Allowance