Minutes from the Kick-off Meeting of the Experts Group on Non-Financial Disclosure by Companies
The European Commisssion's Expert Group on disclosure of non-financial information by EU companies held its first meeting on 11 July 2011. Minutes from that meeting are now available on the EC's website (PDF 40k).
In November 2010, the Services of the Internal Market and Services Directorate General of the European Commission started a public consultation in order to gather stakeholders' views on ways to improve the disclosure by enterprises of non-financial information (e.g. social and environmental).
The discussions of the expert group focused on four topics: "Norms, Principles and Guidelines", "Costs-benefits for companies", "Business Accountability" and "The Capital Market". The Experts are now invited to submit written comments on the issues discussed. The next meetings are expected to take place on 12 September and on 30 September 2011.
- Global Ethics Code Playing Catch Up with Latest Technology Developments
- Regulator Launches an Inquiry into Operations of a Birmingham Based Charity
- Leading UK Furniture Business Collapses into Administration
- How Technology is Shaping the Future of Financial Services for the Better
- ICAEW Signs MoU with ICAI
- Companies House Updates the Penalty Appeal Proceess for Late Filing
- In The Next Recession, You Can Make Money Rather Than Lose It