Tax fraud Leds Recycling consultant to jail for a period of 21 months
John Hamill, an Ayrshire based recycling consultant, operated as a sole proprietor for his business named GH Consulting. Hamill made profits amounting to £1.3m from his business however he did not pay any tax on this income.
An investigation was initiated by HMRC against accusations of tax frauds by Hamill which proved him to be guilty. The hearing was conducted in Kilmarnock Sheriff Court which sentenced Hamill to jail for a period of 21 months on account of tax frauds.
The court was also told that Hamill failed to pay the tax amounting to £309,941 back in July 2014 when he was arrested. He has paid back only £56,000 until now.
Assistant director, fraud investigations, HMRC, Joe Hendry said that Hamill did not submit his tax assessment and used the amount of tax stolen to improve his lifestyle. This money should have been used in the provision of services to the public.
- Companies not in Support of the Idea of Workers on Boards
- BDO Reports 8.5% Increase in Revenue
- Company Bosses Jailed for Tax Fraud
- Treasury Launches Investigation into Barriers Restricting Women in Business
- The Chief of Denmark Based Bank Quits Over £178bn Money Laundering
- Boss of a Recruitment Agency Sentenced to Serve Jail Period of 27 Months
- Former Trump Lobbyist Found Guilty of Tax Evasion and Bank Fraud