Assura Appoints Accountant as Chairman
NHS PROPERTY and pharmacy providers Assura has appointed a chartered accountant as its new non-executive chairman.Simon Laffin, who is currently a non-executive director of Aegis Group, will take over from Rodney Baker-Bates at the company's AGM on 8 September.
Laffin has previously worked as a director of the Northern Rock bank, as part of the rescue team, and was group CFO of Safeway between 1995 and 2004. He has also held a variety of finance and management roles in Mars Confectionery, Rank Xerox and BP.
"I am delighted to have joined the Assura Board," Laffin said. "Assura operates in an attractive market with a high quality portfolio. Having divested its non-core businesses, Assura is now at an exciting time in its development, able to concentrate solely on its medical property interests. I look forward to working with the board to continue the current improvement in performance and to realise further value."
Baker-Bates said:"We are very pleased to welcome Simon Laffin to the Assura Board. His corporate and property experience will be invaluable and I am sure he will be a very effective chairman for the group."
- Global Ethics Code Playing Catch Up with Latest Technology Developments
- Regulator Launches an Inquiry into Operations of a Birmingham Based Charity
- Leading UK Furniture Business Collapses into Administration
- How Technology is Shaping the Future of Financial Services for the Better
- ICAEW Signs MoU with ICAI
- Companies House Updates the Penalty Appeal Proceess for Late Filing
- In The Next Recession, You Can Make Money Rather Than Lose It