Assura Appoints Accountant as Chairman
NHS PROPERTY and pharmacy providers Assura has appointed a chartered accountant as its new non-executive chairman.Simon Laffin, who is currently a non-executive director of Aegis Group, will take over from Rodney Baker-Bates at the company's AGM on 8 September.
Laffin has previously worked as a director of the Northern Rock bank, as part of the rescue team, and was group CFO of Safeway between 1995 and 2004. He has also held a variety of finance and management roles in Mars Confectionery, Rank Xerox and BP.
"I am delighted to have joined the Assura Board," Laffin said. "Assura operates in an attractive market with a high quality portfolio. Having divested its non-core businesses, Assura is now at an exciting time in its development, able to concentrate solely on its medical property interests. I look forward to working with the board to continue the current improvement in performance and to realise further value."
Baker-Bates said:"We are very pleased to welcome Simon Laffin to the Assura Board. His corporate and property experience will be invaluable and I am sure he will be a very effective chairman for the group."
- ACCA Publishes Report on Emotional Intelligence Important for Accountants to Survive in the Modern Workplace
- SEC Urges Companies to Focus on Employing Better Accounting and Audit controls against Cyber Threats
- Uncertainty Surrounding Brexit Results in Drop of Confidence in the UK Economy
- Companies not in Support of the Idea of Workers on Boards
- BDO Reports 8.5% Increase in Revenue
- Company Bosses Jailed for Tax Fraud
- Treasury Launches Investigation into Barriers Restricting Women in Business