Internal Audit Function Varies Globally
According to a new study the internal audit function maturity varies in different parts of the globe.
The Institute of Internal Auditors Research Foundation released a report which contains a range of variables affecting the maturity levels of internal audit in many parts of the world, as well as the internal audit function size and age, the organization size, the type of industry and many other factors.
These distinctions vary from small to the most important. Like, the use of technology differs in many parts of the world. For example, in North America the 14 percent of internal audit functions merely rely on manual processes and systems, and this percentage is high in Pacific and East Asia, almost 36 percent.
In New York, during international conference, the Institute of Internal Auditors Research Foundation also released another report that paying attention on the function of internal audit in cyber safety measures.
The report is presented by the Trusted Cyber Adviser of IIA, which shows different steps that an internal auditor must follow to become major participants to cyber safety measures hard works at their organization. The report indicates, “They have to go further than just making sure cyber safety measures audits are implemented according to plan and take on extra of a planned, progressive approach to the problem.
The leaders of internal audit also must make relations with the chief information security officer and the chief information officer at their organization to obtain the apparent understanding of the requirements of the IT and security teams.
This report is accessible in almost eight languages like Arabic, Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese, English, French and Chinese.
- AJ BELL Replaces KPMG with BDO as its New External Auditor
- AIM-listed Mining Company GoldStone Switches Auditor
- New Study Reveals 55% of Public Believe Auditors’ could Prevent Company failures’
- FRC Hands KPMG a £5m Fine over Co-Operative Bank’s Audit Failings
- IAASB Consults on Simplifying Auditing Standards for Small Entities with Less Complexities
- Anglo American Replaces Deloitte with PwC as its External Auditor
- SEC uncovers $20m Accounting Fraud at Celadon Group